Start the School Year Right – Sponsored by @BloomzApp
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Social media and technology have changed parent-teacher relationships. If you’re smart, you can harness their power. Today, educator Joe Mazza shares how you can overcome barriers to creating successful partnerships with parents. Joe believes is not our job as an educator to dictate where someone wants to get their information about the school. We should be flexible and communicate ways that parents want to receive information.
Today’s Sponsor: Bloomz
- What are “hard copy families?”
- How does giving parent communication choice empower parent participation?
- How can we onboarding parents into successful school involvement?
- What problem does parent camp solve for schools and communities?
- How can an open-minded attitude towards parents can help a school improve?
- What resources does Joe recommend for parent relationships?
Dr. Joe Mazza @Joe_Mazza is a lifelong learner, leader, and innovator. Formerly principal of “lead learner” at Knapp Elementary School, he currently serves as the Leadership Innovation Manager at The University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education and the digital strategist for c64KID INNOVATIONS, LLC.
Resources from this Show
- Parent Camp @ParentCamp – http://www.parentcamp.org
- National Association for Family, School and Community Engagement @NAFSCE nafsce.org
- Institute for Educational Leadership @IELconnects iel.org
- American Reading Company curates books based on the community. https://www.americanreading.com/
- Harvard Family Research Project @HFRP http://www.hfrp.org/publications-resources/browse-our-publications/connected-educators-connected-families
The post Overcoming the Biggest Barriers to Effective Parent Teacher Relationships appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!
from Cool Cat Teacher BlogCool Cat Teacher Blog http://www.coolcatteacher.com/overcoming-biggest-barriers-effective-parent-teacher-relationships/